NCTE offers a variety of publishing opportunities that are available to both members and nonmembers.
Submit a Journal Article
NCTE publishes ten professional journals, including at least one for each membership section. Volunteer editors ensure that the peer-reviewed content is of the highest quality and is relevant to the lives of NCTE members and subscribers. Because these journals are all published through different volunteer editors, the submission guidelines vary for each:
- College Composition and Communication (Kathleen Blake Yancey, editor)
- English Education (Leslie S. Rush and Lisa Scherff, editors)
- College English (John Schilb, editor)
- English Journal (Ken Lindblom, editor)
- English Leadership Quarterly (Susan L. Groenke, editor)
- Language Arts (Peggy Albers, Caitlin McMunn Dooley, Amy Seely Flint, Teri Holbrook, and Laura May, editors)
- Research in the Teaching of English (Mark Dressman, Sarah McCarthey, and Paul Prior, editors)
- Talking Points (Carol Gilles, editor)
- Teaching English in the Two-Year College (Jeff Sommers, editor)
- Voices from the Middle (Doug Fisher, Nancy Frey, and Diane Lapp, editors)
Submit a Lesson Plan
ReadWriteThink offers free, quality lesson plans written by everyday educators as well as experts in the field of English education. Submit your teaching ideas today!