These groups provide individual members, usually from the same geographical area, a local network for their interest in whole language.
Hofstra Teachers Applying Language & Literacy (TALL)
Contact: Joan Zaleski
North Fork TAWL
Contact: David P. Schultz
Contact: Caryl Crowell
For additional contact information or to join one of these groups, email firstname.lastname@example.org
WATCH David Schultz talk about forming his TAWL group and how it has helped him througout his career.
Join TAWL Groups on Facebook today!
What are the unique advantages for TAWL group members?
- A subscription to the Whole Language Umbrella journal, Talking Points
(one subscription per group through the group's contact person)
- Voting privileges at the Delegates Assembly meeting at the WLU Literacies for All Summer Institute (each TAWL group member, as evidenced by the membership roster of a current TAWL group, is entitled to one vote)
- Ability to obtain tax-exempt status for the group through the NCTE
- Use of the WLU logo on TAWL publications and Conference materials
- Invitation to attend the WLU Executive Board meetings at the WLU Literacies for All Summer Institute and at the NCTE Annual Convention
- Opportunities to join WLU/NCTE communities and listservs
- Access to a variety of resources and professional development activities
Start a TAWL Group
A minimum of five members is required to form a TAWL group. One member, usually the group contact person, must be an individual member of WLU/NCTE. TAWL Group membership in WLU is $25.00 per group.
To start a TAWL group, print out, complete, and mail the TAWL Group Enrollment Form with your payment to WLU/NCTE, 1111 West Kenyon Road, Urbana, IL 61801-1096.