These groups provide individual members, usually from the same geographical area, a local network for their interest in whole language.
Contact: Kathy Whitmore
North Fork TAWL
Contact: David P. Schultz
Central Illinois TAWL
Contact: Deborah MacPhee
For additional contact information or to join one of these groups, email email@example.com
Like TAWL Group on Facebook
What are the unique advantages for TAWL group members?
- A subscription to the Whole Language Umbrella journal, Talking Points
(one subscription per group through the group's contact person)
- Voting privileges at the Delegates Assembly meeting at the WLU Literacies for All Summer Institute (each TAWL group member, as evidenced by the membership roster of a current TAWL group, is entitled to one vote)
- Ability to obtain tax-exempt status for the group through the NCTE
- Use of the WLU logo on TAWL publications and Conference materials
- Invitation to attend the WLU Executive Board meetings at the WLU Literacies for All Summer Institute and at the NCTE Annual Convention
- Opportunities to join WLU/NCTE communities and listservs
- Access to a variety of resources and professional development activities
Start a TAWL Group
A minimum of five members is required to form a TAWL group. One member, usually the group contact person, must be an individual member of WLU/NCTE. TAWL Group membership in WLU is $25.00 per group.
To start a TAWL group, print out, complete, and mail the TAWL Group Enrollment Form with your payment to WLU/NCTE, 1111 West Kenyon Road, Urbana, IL 61801-1096 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.