To provide support for individual members and support groups by:
- Providing and encouraging the formation of whole language support groups.
- Facilitating networking among members/groups through the journal, Talking Points, and the Delegates Assembly at the WLU Literacies for All Summer Institute.
- Providing a forum for discussion and joint action on common issues and concerns.
- Identifying local groups for individuals interested in joining.
- Sanctioning local and regional meeting and conference activities.
- Sponsoring national and international meetings and conferences.
- Publishing and distributing books, articles, and other materials which support whole language.
- Supporting and defending whole language educators and practices.
To improve the quality of learning and teaching at all levels of education by:
---WLU Constitution: Article II, Section 2