Six Award Categories
- Best Book in Technical or Scientific Communication
- Best Original Collection of Essays in Technical or Scientific Communication
- Best Article Reporting Qualitative or Quantitative Research in Technical or Scientific Communication
- Best Article Reporting Historical Research or Textual Studies in Technical or Scientific Communication
- Best Article on Philosophy or Theory of Technical or Scientific Communication
- Best Article on Pedagogy or Curriculum in Technical or Scientific Communication
The judges may decide not to grant an award in a given category if the quality of submissions is deemed insufficiently high.
Deadline: May 1, 2009
The awards competition is open to works published from January 1, 2008 to December 31, 2008.
For a work to be considered, the nomination must include:
Four copies of the article or four copies of the book. For articles in journals or collections, four copies of the individual article must be submitted. Any work originally written in a language other than English must be submitted in translation.
Identification of the category for which the work is to be considered. Each submission may be nominated in only one category. Individuals submitting nominations are encouraged to consult with authors about the category most appropriate for their work. Self-nominations are permitted.
Information about the author. This should include the author's name, telephone number, mailing address, and email address.
Notification of Winners
Winners will be notified by letter in September and are acknowledged during the Annual Convention in the Fall.
Send nominations no later than May 1 of the year of the award to:
NCTE Technical and Scientific Communication Awards
1111 West Kenyon Road
Urbana, IL 61801
Click here for a list of recipients of the NCTE Technical and Scientific Communication Awards