The deadline for submitting nominations for the 2014 ballots has passed.The final candidates will be announced in February 2014.
NCTE leaders of tomorrow are like you -- active, dedicated NCTE members of today!
Are you interested in running for a steering committee or nominating committee? Or do you know a colleague you would like to nominate for an office in NCTE?
Here are a few reasons to nominate yourself or a colleague for one of the notable positions open for election:
- take part in many important projects to help advance our professional community
- work with committed and dedicated members from across the nation
- share your views and ideas with others
- show your interest in the profession and NCTE by participating
- let your voice be heard in decisions pertaining to English language arts policy
The 2014-2015 Nominating Committees are now accepting nominations for the offices, listed below, in the 2015 elections. Deadline for submitting nominations is November 1, 2014.
Call for Nominations for NCTE Offices
Call for Nominations for Sections, CEE, and TYCA
Below are links to "Job Descriptions" for the positions open for election:
Vice President (Secondary Level)Elementary Section
Middle Level Representative-at-Large
Trustees of the Research Foundation
NCTE Nominating Committee
Middle Level Section
CEE (Conference on English Education)
TYCA (Two-Year College English Association)
2014 Election Results