The National Council of Teachers of English is devoted to improving the teaching and learning of English and the language arts at all levels of education. We depend on the efforts of thousands of volunteers in this quest. We can't do it without YOU!
Reasons to Volunteer
- take part in many important projects to help advance our professional community
- work with committed and dedicated members from across the U.S.
- share your views and ideas with others
- help mentor early-career teachers in your area
- assist with state-based advocacy for the English language arts
There are many roles you can play to make a difference:
- serve on an NCTE appointed group
- stand for an important elected position
- participate in a special initiative program
- volunteer to be a judge for an NCTE student awards program
- get involved with a local committee working on an NCTE Convention or meeting
- review an NCTE publication
Investigate these exciting volunteer opportunities by clicking on the links in the left menu.