Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening are Grounded in Evidence from the Text
NCTE resources explore how student-centered teaching remains crucial to every classroom and many provide examples of upholding NCTE principles of effective teaching in a time of Core Standards.
- Supporting Students in Time of Core Standards – 4 books across grades PreK-12
- 360 Degrees of Text: Using Poetry to Teach Close Reading and Powerful Writing
- Reading in the Reel World
- Learning to Write for Readers: Using Brain-Based Strategies
- Talking in Class: Using Discussion to Enhance Teaching and Learning
- Making Meaning from Text: Modeling Comprehension for English Language Learners
- Representing Close Reading in Academic Writing - online
- Summarization in any Subject
Teaching Close Reading in Academic Writing
excerpt from sarah?