NCTE resources explore how student-centered teaching remains crucial to every classroom and many provide examples of upholding NCTE principles of effective teaching in a time of Core Standards.
- Supporting Students in Time of Core Standards – 4 books across grades PreK-12
- Adolescent Literacy and the Teaching of Reading: Lessons for Teachers of Literature
- Teaching YA Lit through Differentiated Instruction
- Literature, Literacy, and Comprehension Strategies in the Elementary School
- Teaching Complex Texts (9-12)
Virtual Conference Recordings
Academic Vocabulary - Coming Soon!
If you are looking for on-site, customized support from an expert consultant who can help you better understand the Core Standards and develop an implementation plan, consider working with an NCTE consultant who specializes in CCSS implementation.