Deadline for proposal submissions is Monday, March 17, 2014.
Applications for the Cultivating New Voices Among Scholars of Color (CNV) program should include the following in their proposals. Please use the headings below for each section of the proposal. Included with these questions are the criteria used by the Trustees for rating each of the areas.
1. Completed Cover Sheet (Google Doc link inserted here).
2. Abstract (typed, double-spaced) of no more than 150-words that includes:
a. Concise statement of the purpose, significance of the study, and research questions.
b. Summary description of the research design.
c. Summary description of methods of collecting and analyzing data.
3. Narrative of no more than 2500 words (excluding references) that includes items a-c below:
a. Statement of the research problem and significance to English Language Arts. Criteria: Is the research problem clearly stated and is its relevance clearly explained?
b. Review of related research. Criteria: Is the review up-to-date and adequate in scope and depth? Is the problem clearly situated in previous research?
c. Detailed description of the study's design. Criterion: Is the design appropriate to the exploration and analysis of the state problem? Are the methods clearly explained?
4. Include your curriculum vitae.
5. Provide one letter of recommendation from someone directly familiar with your research.