**A New Cohort Will Be Chosen in 2018**
Applications will be accepted beginning December 2017 and the Deadline for proposal submissions will be
Thursday, March 15, 2018, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
All applications for the Cultivating New Voices among Scholars of Color (CNV) program must include the following components. We have included the criteria that Trustees will use when they rate each proposal.
Required Application Components (6)
1. With this Application Cover Sheet (typed), please submit the following to
2. Abstract (typed, double-spaced) of no more than 150 words that includes:
a. Concise statement of the purpose, significance of the study, and research
b. Summary description of the research design
c. Summary description of methods of collecting and analyzing data
3. Research Narrative of no more than 2,500 words (excluding references) that includes
items a-c below:
a. Statement of the research problem and significance to English Language
Arts. Criteria: Is the research problem clearly stated? Is its relevance clearly
b. Review of related research. Criteria: Is the review up-to-date and adequate in
scope and depth? Is the problem clearly situated in previous research?
c. Detailed description of the study's design. Criteria: Is the design appropriate to
the exploration and analysis of the state problem? Are the methods clearly
4. Statement of Motivation of no more than 500 words (typed, double spaced) that explains how mentoring and participation in a community of scholars will benefit your scholarship in the coming two years
5. Curriculum Vitae
6. Letter of Recommendation from someone directly familiar with your research. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.