Submitted On: Saturday, October 29, 2016
Analyst: Holland, Robin/Columbus Area Writing Project
Brunswick City Schools, in Ohio, and Discovery Education, a leading provider of digital content and K-12 professional development, have launched a seven-year partnership.
Their new collaboration is designed to accomplish several benefits for Brunswick educators and students:
- Educators will begin to create digital classrooms by integrating both Discovery Education’s Science Techbookand Social Studies Techbook in their K-12 classrooms. The “techbooks” include digital,
interactive elements, such as videos, audio clips, and animated features that
appeal to different learning styles. In addition, reading levels can be
easily adjusted and personalized content added.
- Educators will have access toDiscovery Education’s Streaming Plus, which supplements instruction in all curricular areas.
- Educators will participate in the company’s multi-year professional development program,Digital Leader Corp,
designed to facilitate leadership during the transition to more comprehensive
digital learning. Teachers will design, implement and share effective
instructional strategies throughout the district.
- The new collaboration supports Brunswick’s One-to-One Learning Initiative begun last year, in which each
middle and high school student received a personal device for learning
both at home and at school. New digital content will be added to these
devices, expanding learning opportunities for students.
- Educators will be able to personalize instruction and increase engagement for students.
Expressing his excitement about this new collaboration, Superintendent Michael Mayell said, “Brunswick City Schools’ digital transition is dedicated to more deeply engaging our students in learning and providing them the opportunities to develop the skills they need to be successful in the Information Age…”
Kelly Burleson, Education Partnerships Manager at Discovery Education also expressed pleasure in the collaboration, “…We look forward to supporting their entire team and to providing all teachers and students with the digital tools and resources they need to create the real-world learning experiences we know engage today’s learners.”
For More Informaion:
Update Presentation to the Brunswick City Schools Board of Education