While NCTE’s online Investigations are great professional learning experiences for individual teachers, school literacy leaders are finding these to be a great resource for professional learning efforts they lead in their school as well.
We are pleased to offer a literacy leader license for any Investigation for $450 for school teams or $1500 for district-wide leaders. Take advantage of our affordable team pricing today!
Here are some examples of how the Investigations are being used in school and wide professional learning:
What resources come in an Investigation and how have other schools use them?
- Investigations include one or more 60 minute on-demand web seminars offered by the leading experts in the field. Hook an LCD projector and speakers to your computer and play these recordings during an on-site meeting. The recording format allows you to pause at any time to allow for discussions among your team throughout the seminar.
- We’ve taken the time to select the very best professional readings on these topics. Download and print article(s) for teachers to read and discuss at an on-site meeting. Consider jigsawing the readings or using a conversational protocol such as Four A’s Text Protocol as a way to move beyond collegial conversations.
- Together with the group, watch a classroom video to see new practices in action in real classrooms and then debrief after viewing the video and discuss how teachers in your group might try to implement the practice in their own classroom.
Are there facilitation guides? Do I need any special training?
- Throughout the Investigation we provide guiding questions to encourage analysis and reflection. Use these questions as conversation prompts at your on-site meetings or use one of the many conversational protocols offered.
- The learning resources are offered in manageable blocks, “mini-investigations”, so they can be easily plugged into school schedules and calendars.