There is still time to apply for the Norman Mailer Writing Award for Teachers. This award recognizes creative nonfiction writing from full- and part-time middle and high school teachers. Application deadline July 23.
Story As the Landscape of Knowing
November 20-23, 2014 | Gaylord National Resort
Join your NCTE colleagues and friends as we examine the power of story as the landscape within which we map the significance of experience and build towers of knowledge. Register and make your hotel reservations today
Middle Level events include:
- Middle Level Get-together on Thursday evening from 4:30-6:00 p.m. featuring author T.A. Baron.
- Middle Level Luncheon on Friday from 12:30-2:00 p.m. featuring the Outstanding Educator Award winner and Native American storyteller and writer Joseph Bruchac. (tickets required)
- ALAN Breakfast on Saturday from 7:00-8:00 a.m. featuring author Andrew Smith. (tickets required)
- Middle Level Mosaic Workshop on Saturday from 1:15-4:00 p.m. featuring a mix of young adult authors, current teachers, and education experts including Kyleen Beers, Chris Crutcher, James Dashner, Teri Lesesne, Linda Rief, Alan Sitomer, Jeffrey Wilhelm and many more!
- ALAN Workshop W.11 on Monday/Tuesday featuring young adult authors and illustrators. (separate registration required)
Join NCTE on Twitter on the third Sunday of each month at 8 p.m. ET for #nctechat, organized by NCTE Social Media Coordinator Beth Shaum (@BethShaum)
Can't attend or missed a chat? Check out the #ncte Archive list today!
Each issue of Voices from the Middle is now available in a digital edition! All articles are still available in PDF format, in addition to the web-only content and podcasts featuring the issue's authors. Check out VM today!
Not yet a subscriber to Voices from the Middle?
Add it to your NCTE membership today! NCTE members enjoy online access to ALL journals published more than two years ago.
Make a long-term impact on the environment by receiving Voices from the Middle-Green today!
Want to write for Voices from the Middle?
Check out the latest call for manuscripts!
This year NCLE set out to investigate how the idea of educators working together plays out when implementing the new Common Core State Standards in literacy. Read about the findings from more than 3,000 classroom teachers in the report "Remodeling Literacy Learning Together: Paths to Standards Implementation."
The Assembly on Literature for Adolescents of NCTE (ALAN) promotes communication and cooperation among all individuals who have a special interest in adolescent literature, presents programs and conferences on this subject, promotes and increases the number of articles and publications devoted to it and integrates the efforts of all those with an interest in this literature.