Editors: Julie Gorlewski and David Gorlewski
See EJ Call for Manuscripts for information on upcoming themed issues.
See EJ Columns for information on submissions to specific columns.
- Manuscripts should be submitted through the English Journal Editorial Manager website at http://www.editorialmanager.com/ncteej. Manuscripts should be double-spaced throughout (including quotations, endnotes, and works cited), with standard margins. Word 2000 or later is preferred. Authors using Macintosh software should save their work as Word for Windows.
- In general, manuscripts for articles should be no more than ten to fifteen double-spaced, typed pages in length (approximately 2,500 to 3,750 words).
- Provide a statement guaranteeing that the manuscript has not been published or submitted elsewhere.
- Enter a brief (50-word) author biography in the Comments field.
- Ensure that the manuscript conforms to the NCTE Guidelines for Gender-Fair Use of Language. (See address below.)
- Number all pages.
- Use in-text documentation, following the current edition of the MLA Handbook. Where applicable, a list of works cited and any other bibliographic information should also follow MLA style.
- Please make sure that your name and any other identifying information have been removed from your article before you upload it. Receipt of manuscripts will be acknowledged by email
English Journal is refereed, and virtually all manuscripts are read by two or more outside reviewers. We will attempt to reach a decision on each article within three months. The decision on pieces submitted in response to a specific call for manuscripts will be made after the call deadline.
Prospective contributors should obtain a copy of the Guidelines for Gender-Fair Use of Language from the NCTE website at http://www.ncte.org/positions/statements/genderfairuseoflang.