English Education seeks articles focusing on issues related to (1) the nature of our discipline, especially as it spans all levels of instruction, and (2) the education and development of teachers of English at all levels. The editors will normally reach a decision about a manuscript within three months. English Education typically publishes fewer than 10% of the manuscripts it receives each year.
1. Manuscripts should be submitted electronically. All manuscripts must be double-spaced with ample margins and should follow the APA 5th Edition style guide and the NCTE Guidelines for Gender-Fair Use of Language. Footnotes should be avoided, with documentation given in the text (following APA 5th Edition). Manuscripts not following APA style will be returned without review.
2. Manuscripts should be emailed as four attachments in Microsoft Word:
- The first attachment should be a cover sheet including the title of the manuscript, author’s name, address, telephone, fax, email, and address.
- The second attachment should be the title of the article and a two hundred-word abstract only.
- The third attachment should be the title of the manuscript and the manuscript text, which should be free of any internal references to the author’s identity.
- The final attachment should be a letter certifying that the manuscript has not been printed or submitted elsewhere.
3. To facilitate the refereeing of the manuscript, authors should email their submissions to: Englisheducation@georgiasouthern.edu. Any additional contact information should be sent to:
Michael Moore, Editor
COE Building, Room 3140
Georgia Southern University
Curriculum, Foundations and Reading
PO Box 8144
Statesboro, GA 30460
4. Manuscripts for our edited feature, Book Walk: Works That Move Our Teaching Forward, should be sent to:
1419 Salt Spring Road
Syracuse, NY 13214