"I joined NCTE because I wanted to be connected. . . .
I think one of the biggest issues facing teachers today is this sense of isolation and NCTE erases that, because all of a sudden you’re part of a community. I couldn’t have survived all this time without NCTE."
Jeff Golub, Member, 30 years
As a member of NCTE, you're joining many of the best minds in literacy education. Learn about the benefits that come with NCTE membership:
- Exclusive pricing on conventions, meetings, and professional learning materials
- Discounts in the NCTE store on books, journals, Web seminars, and more
- Attend free live Web seminars each month, hosted by NCTE members for NCTE members
- Opportunities to connect through the Connected Community, an online resource- and information-sharing site for members, and the Literacy in Learning Exchange, an online site for individuals and school teams interested in building capacity for literacy teaching and learning
- Access to NCTE’s digital journal archive containing more than 1,800 digitized issues
- Subscription to The Council Chronicle, NCTE’s members-only magazine
- Weekly INBOX newsletters that synthesize stories, resources, and opportunities in our field
- Browse practical instructional ideas on our lesson plan site. These are lessons that have been written and vetted by NCTE members and expert colleagues.
Stay updated through NCTE's Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Join NCTE Now Membership Types
When you join the National Council of Teachers of English, you'll join many of the best minds in English, language arts, and writing studies. As an NCTE member, you'll find that Council books, journals, meetings and conferences, Web resources and the collected wisdom of many of the best teachers in the field combine to provide you a professional home throughout the many stages of your teaching career.