Sandra Mercuri is the Bilingual Education Program Director and TESOL Director at Fresno Pacific University. She has worked extensively on staff development projects and presented at both national and international professional conferences. She co-authored two books with David & Yvonne Freeman and is currently working on a book with Denise Rea: Reaching Goals, Meeting Standards: Strategies to Help Second Language Learners in Today's Schools (Heinemann, In Press).
Sandra’s expertise includes working with Bilingual & ELL students on developing academic language across the content areas, implementing and evaluating bilingual and dual language programs, and implementing differentiated instruction for dual language settings across disciplines and for second language learners in mainstream classrooms.
View Sandra Mercuri's Resume
- Dual Language Education
- Developing a Comprehensive Dual Language Curriculum
- Creating Thematic Units with Appropriate Materials in Both Languages
- Developing and Aligning Bilingual Programs Across Schools in a District
- Implementing Differentiated Instruction for Second Language Learners Across Disciplines
- Academic Language Development in Dual Language and Mainstream Settings
- Bi-Literacy Development
- English as a Second Language
- English Language Learners Program Implementation and Evaluation