Cathleen Foster Greenwood is a published writer, teacher, and veteran presenter at professional conferences in teaching and writing. Her students have won awards and recognition - most recently, five national and eleven regional award winners in the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards–and have published writing in a variety of magazines and journals. Cathy coauthored So, You Wanna Be A Writer? (Beyond Words Publishing) with Vicki Hambleton, Revision Lessons You'll Love to Teach (Scholastic) and Grammar Lessons You’ll Love to Teach, (Scholastic) both with Ruth Townsend Story. Cathy has also published poems, short stories, and essays in English Journal (NCTE), English Record and Monograph (NYSEC), AIM magazine and more. She is the coordinator of the annual Young Authors Conference for over 350 high school writers from over 25 school districts. Cathy teaches at the Rippowam Cisqua School in Bedford, NY and loves to see young writers in print.
View Cathleen Greenwood's Resume/Vita, Publications and Workshops.
- 2004: “Using Sketch Journals to Develop Reading Comprehension, Writing & Critical Thinking.” Co-presenter, Linda Rief.
- “Return of the Grammar Goddess!” Co-presenter, Ruth Townsend Story
- 2003: “Be a Grammar Goddess – Part II !” Co-presenter, Ruth Townsend Story
- 2001:“Student Authors Rule! Learning, Writing, & Publishing Like Real Writers"
“Teachers Who Write, Rule! Walk the Talk: Be a Writer While You Teach Writing”
- 2000 “Writing for Real and Winning with Writing”
- 1999 “Creative Writing: Lighten Up and Fit It In!”
- 1998, 1999, 2000: “Educators of Excellence: A Sampling of Portfolios.”