Danling Fu is an Associate Professor in the School of Teaching and Learning at the University of Florida and a researcher on literacy education for new immigrant students. She works and researches in the schools with large population of new immigrant students in New York City and consults on ESL and Bilingual Education from K-12. Her publications include An Island of English: Teaching ESL in Chinatown and My Trouble is My English: Asian Students and Their American Dreams. She has published numerous articles and written many book chapters.
View Danling Fu's Resume/Vita, Publications and Workshops.
ELL Literacy Instruction
An Island of English: Teaching ESL in Chinatown My Trouble is My English: Asian Students and Their American Dreams
Professional and School Service
- 2003-Present Distinguished Advisory Committee of New York City Department of Education.
- 1997-Present Literacy Consultant and ESL Head Coach—ESL and Bilingual Education, Region Nine, New York City.
- 1994-Present Consultant on Cultural Diversity American College Testing (ACT).
- 1998-2001 Literacy Consultant—Six Rural Schools in Northeast Region of Florida.
- 1995-1998 Literacy Consultant—Professional Development School, Alachua County, Florida.
- 1995-1996 Literacy Consultant—San Francisco Unified School District.