Are you responsible for planning professional learning experiences related to decision-making about Common Core Standards and capacity building?
NCTE offers onsite consulting services on a range of topics:
- Effective literacy instruction
- Decision-making about Common Core State Standards
- Capacity building
Our highly-skilled and trained consultants are ready to lead customized workshops on the topics that matter most to your teachers and school leaders. We will work with you to plan professional learning experiences that are customized to meet your specific goals and challenges.
As with all NCTE professional development resources and services, our consulting program was designed based on the NCTE Principles for Professional Development, valuing sustained learning activities, engagement with both teachers and administrators, and community-based learning.
Tell us about your needs! Complete the Online Request Form, call 800-369-6283, or email us today with your school’s needs and goals. We will recommend a professional learning plan to help you meet those needs.
We will work with you to plan a fully customized professional learning experience. Here are a few of the formats we've utilized in the past:
- Hybrid Learning Experiences—Extend your professional learning before or after the consultant's visit with NCTE's online learning resources.
- Single Day Workshops/Consultations—Includes presentations in the school or during in-service days. Formats include keynote sessions, breakout sessions, consulting with a team of administrators, and a full-day or half-day presentation.
- Multiple Day Presentations/Consultations—Customized consultations can occur throughout the school year or over multiple years.
- Audits—Allow us to assist you with curriculum and instructional audits. The format varies, but often includes onsite visits, a review of written documents, interviews, and concludes with a written report.
- Customized Virtual Web Seminars—Work with NCTE's literacy consultants without the added cost of travel. Each customized Web seminar provides up to 100 connections. Contact NCTE for pricing and availability.