Mary is an educational consultant and published author who taught in large urban schools as a bilingual elementary teacher, mentor teacher, and reading resource teacher for 12 years before also teaching at the college and university level. She is the author of Balancing Reading and Language Learning: A Resource for Teaching English Language Learners, K-5 (2005), as well as the author of book chapters and articles and numerous bilingual children’s books. She works with schools and districts across the country improving the reading, writing, and speaking development of all children in a variety of ways, including working as a long-term onsite consultant, providing workshops, working in classrooms, doing demonstration lessons, leading literacy institutes, and providing keynote presentations.
View Mary Capellini's Vitae
- Implementing A Balanced Literacy Program
- Reading and Writing Workshops
- Using Literature to Teach Higher Level Reading Strategies and Deeper Cultural Understanding
- Integrating ESL or ELD into the Literacy Block
- Providing Content Area Reading Instruction for English Language Learners
- Meeting State ELA, ELD and Content Standards through Thematic Planning
- Assessing Both Reading and Language to Both Plan for and Improve the Instruction of English Language Learners
- Guided Reading with ELLs
- Comprehension Strategies for ELLs
- Using Shared Reading and Shared Writing with ELLs
- Parent Literacy and Parent Involvement
Mary Cappellini at the NCTE Annual Convention
Be sure to come to the NCTE Annual Convention this November in San Antonio and attend a session by Mary!