Alabama: Robin Bynum
Connecticut: Maydie Bombert
DC: Elizabeth Primas, Alison Blair Taylor
Georgia: David Padilla
Hawaii: Wanda Porter
Illinois: Tom McCulley, Janice Schwarze
Indiana: Darolyn Jones
Louisiana: Whitney Wheldon
Missouri: Nina Bono, Joanne Dumont
New Jersey: Tracy Recine
New York: Mary Ann Campe
Texas: Genny Sterling
Utah: Gordon Hultberg
Virginia: Doris Bey
Wisconsin: Katherine Nelson
Wyoming: Karen Delbridge
Challenging economic times compel us to work efficiently, complementing one another’s efforts and sharing resources. CEL strives to maintain close ties to state affiliates and CEL members through the work of state level CEL Liaisons.
CEL State Liaisons will
- promote CEL at state/regional affiliate functions;
- make personal contacts with state leaders, encouraging them to join CEL;
- facilitate communication and cooperation between CEL and leaders of state affiliates;
- provide updates on CEL and obtain information about issues and trends that state affiliates are facing; and
- provide an annual report submitted to the CEL Associate Chair and shared with other state liaisons at the annual meeting.
- The CEL Associate Chair and a CEL member appointed by the Chair will coordinate this initiative.
- The CEL Associate Chair will oversee this program.
- Selection of the liaisons will be the responsibility of the Coordinators.
- Large states and populous states may have multiple liaisons.
- The length of term of the liaison(s) is indefinite.
- Coordinators will hold a meeting of the liaisons at the CEL Annual Convention.
- The Nominations Chair will also attend this meeting.
Qualification for CEL State Liaisons
- active participation in CEL
- connection to NCTE affiliate leaders or other state literacy leaders
- willingness to serve
Benefits to the CEL State Liaisons
- receive recognition at the convention;
- be listed on the CEL website;
- receive a certificate of commendation;
- receive a letter of commendation recognizing the liaison’s contribution to CEL.
Interested in becoming a CEL State Liaison?
email us today!