The Emerging Leaders Fellowship Program (ELF) provides leadership support, mentoring, and networking opportunities for early career leaders of language arts programs at the K-university levels.
Donate to the CEL Fund to help support a fellow for an entire year. You can even dedicate your donation to a mentor who has made a difference in your life.
Have questions or comments, email us today!
CEL is seeking mentors for this year's cohort of new CEL Emerging Leaders Fellows as well as mentors for future cohorts. If you are interested in serving as a mentor for a small group of Fellows (2-4 individuals), please complete this survey by April 1, 2017. Mentors will be contacted prior to the assignment of mentor-mentee groups to ensure interest and availability.
The NCTE Conference on English Leadership (CEL) invites participation in the 2017-2018 Emerging Leaders Fellowship Program. This program works with new leaders to:
- build the leadership capacity of emerging literacy leaders;
- assist in the development of essential skills necessary for success in key leadership positions;
- access timely information regarding literacy education and student learning;
- facilitate change in schools and in professional communities; and
- encourage interaction among English leaders as members of a leadership group shaping the field of English education.
This program invites beginning leaders to collaborate with a mentor from a community of highly experienced English leaders and scholars whose own work can be enriched through engagement with new ideas and school contexts.
Participants: Fellows will be selected through a competitive process. Individuals submitting an application must meet the following criteria:
- hold current membership in NCTE and
- serve as a current English leader (e.g., team leader, department chair, lead teacher, literacy coach,curriculum coordinator for English/language arts) at the K-university level who has been working in a new leadership position for 1-3 years.
Application Schedule: The deadline for fellowship application submissions is February 24, 2017. Selections will be announced at the end of May 2017.
Fellows and mentors will meet during the 2017 CEL Convention in November and will continue their work throughout the following year. Program participants (fellows and mentors) will receive complimentary convention registration for the second year of their mentorship.
Application Information: One copy of the application form, a letter of interest, a letter of professional recommendation, and a letter of support should be submitted.
Please send applications by email to CEL@ncte.org or postal mail to CEL Emerging Leaders Fellowship, National Council of Teachers of English, 1111 W. Kenyon Road, Urbana, IL 61801
2017 Call for Applications