Navigating Changes in Literacy Education
November 20-22, 2016
Georgia World Congress Center
Join us for the CEL Convention in Atlanta where we will examine and discuss innovations in literacy leadership. We will work collaboratively, share experiences and reflect upon our practice in order to build our capacities for leadership.
Mignon Fogarty will be speaking at the Sunday CEL Luncheon, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (Additional tickets are required for this NCTE Annual Convention event.)
Kelly Gallagher and Penny Kittle will be speaking at the Sunday Opening Session, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Ernest Morrell will be speaking at the Monday Breakfast, 8:00-9:00 a.m.
Troy Hicks and Kristen Turner will be speaking at the Monday Luncheon, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Jemelleh Coes will be speaking at the Tuesday Breakfast, 8:00-9:00 a.m.
Sara Kajder will be speaking at the Tuesday Luncheon, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Special Topic Strands
Session themes for the 2016 CEL Conference include:
• Maximizing change and making it work
• Influencing productive literacy leadership
• Developing collaborations
• Supporting literacy coaching
• Enhancing curricular/instructional design
• Diversifying assessment
• Learning to run effective meetings
• Being intentional with outcomes
• Building communities with teams
• Building leadership capacity
• Contributing to the success of others
If you have questions about the 2016 CEL Annual Convention, please contact the Program Chair, Tracy Recine.