Navigating Changes in Literacy Education
November 20-22, 2016
Georgia World Congress Center
Join us for the CEL Convention in Atlanta where we will examine and discuss innovations in literacy leadership. We will work collaboratively, share experiences and reflect upon our practice in order to build our capacities for leadership.
Mignon Fogarty spoke at the Sunday CEL Luncheon, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Kelly Gallagher and Penny Kittle spoke at the Sunday Opening Session, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Ernest Morrell spoke at the Monday Breakfast, 8:00-9:00 a.m.
Troy Hicks and Kristen Turner spoke at the Monday Luncheon, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Jemelleh Coes spoke at the Tuesday Breakfast, 8:00-9:00 a.m.
Sara Kajder spoke at the Tuesday Luncheon, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Special Topic Strands
Session themes for the 2016 CEL Conference include:
• Maximizing change and making it work
• Influencing productive literacy leadership
• Developing collaborations
• Supporting literacy coaching
• Enhancing curricular/instructional design
• Diversifying assessment
• Learning to run effective meetings
• Being intentional with outcomes
• Building communities with teams
• Building leadership capacity
• Contributing to the success of others
If you have questions about the 2016 CEL Annual Convention, please contact the Program Chair, Tracy Recine.