The Conference on English Leadership (CEL) is a collaborative, dynamic, discussion-based forum for English language arts leaders to explore current and emerging issues.
CEL members assume leadership roles in English language arts, requiring them to address many of the following challenges:
· synthesize emerging research and information for others;
· analyze and articulate complex issues, policy directives, and reform initiatives;
· predict trends in the profession;
· initiate and expedite necessary change;
· plan and organize curricular and professional development;
· mentor new teachers and potential leaders;
· encourage leadership capacity in others;
· affirm and validate colleagues;
· communicate rationale related to English language arts programming;
· supervise the business of English language arts including budgets, schedules,
and evaluation of personnel, programs and policies;
· collaborate with individuals at all levels of responsibility;
· develop networks of informed colleagues.
English language arts leaders are cordially invited to join the CEL conversation.