Interested in official position statements related to English education? Be sure to read:
Guidelines for the Preparation of Teachers of English Language Arts, 2006 Edition, Prepared by the NCTE Standing Committee on Teacher Preparation and Certification
This updated document outlines the nature of effective language arts pedagogy and identifies the dispositions, skills, and knowledge base of effective ELA teachers.
See also these CEE-specific statements:
- What is English Education?
- What Do We Know and Believe about the Roles of Methods Courses and Field Experiences in English Education?
- Supporting Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Learners in English Education
- Beliefs about Technology and the Preparation of English Teachers
- Program Assessment in English Education: Belief Statements and Recommendations
- Understanding the Relationship between Research and Teaching
- Nurturing and Growing the Membership of CEE
- The Relationship of Disability Rights Laws to Education Majors and Teachers with Disabilities