Commission Chair:Rebecca Kaminski
, Clemson University, Greenville, SC
To be determined
- To encourage the development of NCTE Student Affiliate Sites
- To strengthen existing NCTE Student Affiliate Sites by
a) providing professional development and support for faculty sponsors of
NCTE Student Affiliates (NCTE SA)
b) networking across NCTE Student Affiliate sites
c) networking with state NCTE affiliates
d) providing additional professional development opportunities for student
members of NCTE Student Affiliates
- Support existing student affiliate leaders.
- Provide opportunities for new student affiliates to learn from existing affiliates.
- Develop opportunities for student affiliate members to attend the NCTE annual meeting and become members of the NCTE network.
- NCTE providing online opportunities for students to connect with NCTE and other student affiliates.
- Request NCTE financial support for student attendance at the annual convention.
- Plan to arrange for our student members to meet virtually during the next year.
- Encourage state councils to offer discounts for student affiliate members to attend state conferences.