Kenan Metzger, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana.
Nina Bono (CEL)
Elizabeth Spalding, University of Nevada Las Vegas
- To examine the impact of K-12 testing on English Language Arts teacher preparation programs, and ongoing professional development of teachers
- To develop and disseminate responsible pedagogical strategies for promoting powerful literacies to help teachers serve as advocates for their own professional beliefs about effective and responsible literacy instruction within local, state, and national forums.
- Collecting stories of effective strategies being used by teachers, teacher educators, and instructional leaders to deal with the current climate of high-stakes testing.
- Publish information regarding current issues instructional leaders, teachers and teacher educators are dealing with in connection with high stakes testing, as well as strategies they are using in response to NCLB.
- Collecting information from CEE and CEL members concerning issues they and their constituency are dealing with in regards to NCLB and high-stakes testing.
- Creating presentations and publications that focus on assisting teacher educators and instructional leaders to train teachers to prepare students for high stakes tests in an equitable manner.