To increase participation in CEE on the part of teachers and teacher educators (including graduate students and student teachers) from historically underrepresented groups whose presence and whose contributions are central to the full realization of our professional goals.
A grant of $500 per proposal to support travel costs, registration fees, and other expenses associated with participation at the NCTE Annual Fall Convention.
Any teacher, teacher educator, or prospective teacher (graduate students and student teachers) in the English language arts, who represents an historically underrepresented ethnic group in NCTE (African American, Asian American, Mexican American, Puerto Rican and other Latina/Latino American, and American Indian) who has not previously appeared as a presenter at an NCTE national conference.
Criteria for Selection
Grants will be given to the applicant or applicants whose Program Proposal and past accomplishments indicate the greatest potential for contributing to the mission of CEE.
- Grant applicants must submit an NCTE Fall Convention Program Proposal to NCTE. The proposal may be submitted for an individual or panel presentation.
- If your proposal is accepted, then by May 1, 2013 please submit the following to email@example.com:
- A brief letter of application explaining how you anticipate your presentation benefiting your colleagues.
- A brief letter (no more than one page) describing your professional or pre-professional background.
- A brief letter of support from a senior colleague or mentor commenting on your accomplishments or promise as a teacher or teacher educator.