Expand your professional network and gain access to the people, ideas, and resources that are shaping the future of English language arts teaching through CEE membership. Click here to join NCTE and CEE now, or read on to find out more about the CEE membership network.
CEE members have built a rich professional community that comes together annually at the NCTE annual convention.
Members don't merely read articles and attend programs, they write, act, and lead. Click these links to find out how to submit publication proposals, or how to get involved in national leadership and service to our profession.
- A subscription to English Education as well as online access to all of the journal articles.
- An invitation to attend the NCTE Annual Convention and occasional CEE Conferences. This includes discounts on convention registration fees.
- Eligibility to join a CEE Commission, which carry out much of the work of CEE.
- Eligibility for nomination to the CEE Executive Committee, the governing body of CEE, and the CEE Nominating Committee.
- Eligibility to make nominations for the CEE Awards
- Eligibility to join or create a CEE State Affiliate.
- Access to online resources and communities maintained by CEE and NCTE.
English Education is the engaging, provocative quarterly journal that keeps CEE members abreast of important trends, research, and professional practices. English Education serves as a forum for discussion of issues related to (1) the nature of our discipline, especially as it spans all levels of instruction, and (2) the education and development of teachers of English at all levels. (Published October, January, April, and July.)
CEE membership is $15 a year and includes a subscription to English Education and online access to all volumes of the journal published since the late 1990's. Membership in NCTE is required, so please be sure to check both NCTE and CEE membership when enrolling. To become a member, simply click here, or call NCTE's Customer Service Center toll free at (877) 369-6283.
At a time when teacher education programs and progressive pedagogy are under fire on many fronts, we need a vigorous, supportive professional community more than ever. Make a difference for your colleagues and yourself. Become a CEE member today!