The Conference will begin Thursday afternoon/evening with check-in and a reception. The program will begin Friday morning and wrap-up around 12 pm on Sunday.
For Presenters: Individual panel presentations and roundtables will take place on Friday and Saturday afternoon. We will provide you with further details on the date and time of your presentation in late April.
Thematic Working Groups
As part of the Conference, you are encouraged to sign up to participate in one of the seven thematic working groups listed below. The conference will combine the benefit of a traditional conference (panels, roundtables, keynote speeches) with the more intimate, goal oriented format of a working retreat.
- 21st Century Literacies and English Teacher Education
- Preparing Teachers to Teach Literature in a Globalized World
- Preparing Teachers to Teach Composition in a Globalized World
- Preparing Teachers to Close the Achievement Gap
- The Future of Graduate Studies and Professional Mentoring in English Education
- Effective Assessment and Accreditation of English Education Programs
- Priming Social Justice for Policy in English Education