- Serve on the nominating committee for one year, beginning officially upon
election (in October) and completing the roster of candidates by the following
May 1. The candidate for the nominating committee who receives the most
votes is the Chair of the committee.
- Work with the Nominating Committee Chair to solicit nominations from CCCC members.
- Initiate suggestions for nominations, individually and as a group.
- Agree not to stand for election to other conferences, sections or nominating committees during their year on the CCCC Nominating Committee.
- Attend the open meeting and the closed meeting of the nominating committee at the CCCC Annual Convention (usually on Friday afternoon). CCCC does not provide funds for committee members to attend the meeting.
- Work within standard policies of NCTE and CCCC on multiple roles, involvement of people of color, and related matters.
- Advise the following years nominating committee.
Past CCCC Nominating Committee Members
Click here to go back to the main CCCC Election page.