This committee is charged with the following:
- Lead a multi-stage participatory drafting process to create a position statement on undergraduate research.
- Collaborate with CCCC Program Chairs and UGR Poster Session organizers to further institutionalize the UGR Poster Session at CCCC;
- Work with the EC and NCTE staff to institute mechanisms for regular data collection regarding UGR presenters and presentations at CCCC;
- Explore the feasibility of establishing conference scholarships for undergraduate researchers;
- Network with relevant CCCC committees and SIGs to continue improving resources and support for UGR at CCCC and beyond. In particular, we will encourage the Committee on the Major in Writing and Rhetoric to update their important database of programs, and we will support them however we can. Likewise, we will encourage the Research Committee to include UGR in their initiatives and awards, and we will actively support their efforts.
- Establish protocols for sustainable information exchanges with UGR stakeholders affiliated with other organizations and relevant publications.
- Circulate data-driven information about undergraduate research, including curriculum and program profiles drawn from 2013 survey results.
March 2015 Update
The CCCC Committee on Undergraduate Research is charged with actively working to improve the culture of undergraduate research (UGR) on writing. Established in 2011 and reconstituted in 2014, this committee works from the philosophy that UGR benefits not only the students and teachers who work together in different forms of collaborative inquiry, but also the programs and departments, institutions, and disciplines that support UG researchers, their mentors, and their work.