This committee is charged to:
- to advise on the design and planning of CCCC research initiatives and on the preliminary evaluation of proposals received;
- to consider and offer recommendations to the officers about the kinds of information that might be gathered in the CCCC database as it evolves;
- to develop strategies for building and stimulating a research culture within the CCCC (including, for examples, creating CCCC roundtables on research and research training issues, maintaining a research-focused presence on the CCCC website; creating Web 2.0 research-focused discussions on the CCCC Connected Community and/or Ning; and considering whether the current CCCC award structure properly recognizes excellence in research at all stages of career development);
- to gather and disseminate information about the development of research in the field and about the available institutional supports, including research training in graduate programs, available research funding, various research agendas promulgated by various groups and opportunities for presenting or developing research;
- review proposals and award the Advancement of Knowledge Award and the Research Impact Award through the award cycle ending in March 2014; and
- coordinate with the Committee on Undergraduate Research.