This committee is charged to:
- develop strategies for building and stimulating a research culture within the CCCC, and
- file reports twice a year, prior to the CCCC and NCTE conference meetings, using the Report Format. This second charge includes composing a post for the CCCC Website that communicates ongoing work.
March 2009 Update
- The research committee hosted a roundtable discussion on "Strengthening the Research Culture in CCCCs" at CCCC 2008 in New Orleans that lead to many interesting discussions and ideas. This year at CCCC 2009 in San Francisco we will be hosting a similar discussion entitled "Gathering Force: A Discussion on Preparing Researchers at the Graduate Level." Invited discussants include Arnetha Ball, Chuck Bazerman, Ralph Cintron, Cheryl Geisler, Doug Hesse, Gesa Kirsch, Steve Mailloux, and Rebecca Rickly (Session I.01, Friday, March 13 at 12:30 pm in the Hilton San Francisco, Grand Ballroom A). All are invited to attend what we hope will be a lively discussion.
- The research committee is also in the process of reviewing the Call for Proposals for the 2009-2010 research initiative and will be providing feedback on the call to CCCCs officers.
- Our committee will also be contacting representatives from other groups within Cs to discuss ideas and initiatives for generally fostering a stronger and more sustainable research culture within the organization.