This committee is charged to:
- to advise on the design and planning of CCCC research initiatives and on the preliminary evaluation of proposals received;
- to consider and offer recommendations to the officers about the kinds of information that might be gathered in the CCCC database as it evolves;
- to develop strategies for building and stimulating a research culture within the CCCC (including, for examples, creating CCCC roundtables on research and research training issues, maintaining a research-focused presence on the CCCC website; creating Web 2.0 research-focused discussions on the CCCC MemberWeb and/or Ning; and considering whether the current CCCC award structure properly recognizes excellence in research at all stages of career development);
- to gather and disseminate information about the development of research in the field and about the available institutional supports, including research training in graduate programs, available research funding, various research agendas promulgated by various groups and opportunities for presenting or developing research; and
- coordinate with the Committee on Archives.
November 2009 Update
The research committee hosted a roundtable discussion on "Strengthening the Research Culture in CCCCs" at CCCC 2008 in New Orleans and a discussion on “Preparing Researchers at the Graduate Level" at CCC2009 in San Francisco. This year at CCCC 2010, we are hosting a discussion on “Remixing our scholarship for audiences and stakeholders outside of Cs” and hope to create a video of this discussion for those who cannot attend. Invited discussants include Mike Rose, Ann Gere, Barbara Cambridge, Cynthia Selfe, Michael Palmquist, Nancy Sommers, Kathleen Yancey, and Sondra Perl. All are invited to attend what we hope will be a lively discussion.