This committee is charged to:
- To collaborate, when requested, on evaluating CCCC Research Initiative grants; to provide members to the CCCC Executive Committee’s group of evaluators for annual evaluation of proposals received; and to offer, in that capacity, advice on the design, planning, publicizing, submission guidelines, and support materials.
- To coordinate with the CCCC EC in its efforts to rework CCCC’s electronic presence and data collection/dissemination projects in areas of the committee's expertise.
- To recommend strategies for supporting and extending a research culture within CCCC.
- To explore the challenges faced specifically by certain CCCC membership groups traditionally under-supported in terms of research (for example, adjunct faculty, small liberal arts institution faculty, community college faculty) and make recommendations to the officers about supporting these groups.
- Collect information from professional organizations similar to ours about how they support and disseminate research. Identify, if possible, successful approaches that CCCC might imitate, and attach (to the degree possible) some specifics like budgets, resources, and expected outcomes.
March 2016 Update
We invite the CCCC membership to attend our session on research methods at CCCC in Houston in 2016: A panel focused on research methods, “Time to Take Stock: What We Can (and Can't) Learn from Current CHAT Methodology in Writing Studies Research”
We also invite the membership to a hands-on session during the new “Action Hub” segment of the Cs, offering Cs members the opportunity to work on turning their scholarly work into a “general public” version to disseminate.
We suggest the membership get actively engaged in attending to the federal revisions of IRB guidelines and their potential impact on writing research, and we encourage the membership to apply for CCCC Research Initiative grant funding.