In order to have the field of Composition and Rhetoric fully visible and institutionally equal to other academic fields the Committee on Visibility and Databases should
- Identify governmental and nongovernmental taxonomies which define how fields are defined, programs and degrees reported, and resources allocated. After determining whether Composition and Rhetoric is adequately represented on each, the committee should make proposals to the Officers and E.C. for corrective action.
- Identify various public databases (such as the Common Data Set) that influence how the field is recognized and evaluated, and then develop proposals for ensuring the field is adequately represented with appropriate data.
- Publicize to the membership how they can ensure their program information is appropriately reported at the campus level and then transmitted to the relevant governmental and nongovernmental agencies.
- Collaborate with the National Communication Association (NCA) and Rhetoric Society of America (RSA) Task Forces to these ends.
- Coordinate with the NCTE Squire Research Office.