This committee is charged:
- To identify and collect evidence about the difficulties LGBT/Q teachers face
- in employment and evaluation
- in career advancement
- in exercise of the free expression rights
- in carrying out their professional responsibilities as teachers of writing, administrators, curricular developers, or and that obstruct their best academic judgment and range of academic action.
- in addressing the needs of LGBT/Q students
- in gaining equality and respect among other faculty
- and in other similar aspects of their professional life.
- To identify and collect evidence about the difficulties faced by LGBT/Q students in developing as writers, participating fully in writing classroom, expressing their perspectives in writing in other classrooms and campus venues, and other writing related activities.
- On the basis of this evidence, to identify problems appropriate for CCCC to address and propose specific remedies for consideration by the Officers and Executive Committee.
- To establish a website to inform CCCC members about LGBT/Q issues impacting teachers and students and to provide a forum for LGBT/Q issues.
- To coordinate with other related CCCC committees, such as the Committee on Diversity.