Stephanie Kerschbaum, Chair
Susan Naomi Bernstein
The committee is charged with the following:
- To continue to work with the NCTE/CCCC and the Convention Program Chair to make the convention increasingly accessible (through, for examples, creating and circulating in advance of the conference guidelines for accessibility and supporting an information table at the conference.)
- To promote best practices for access and full inclusion. Accordingly, to help develop and maintain a website on disability issues and support the proposing of conference sessions on disability issues.
- To consult with NCTE on employment policies and practices to ensure access and full inclusion
- To identify funding sources for cost items such as the hiring of an ADA consultant.
- To research disability issues as they impact the writing classroom and the teaching and learning of writing. Then, if appropriate, to develop proposals for educating the membership on these issues to be presented to the EC for approval. Finally to consider whether it would be appropriate for the CCCC to adopt a position statement on the teaching of writing to students with disabilities.
- To combine with other committees where possible to improve efficiency.