This committee exists to:
- Promote critical approaches to the uses of digital technologies for writing, both in and out of the composition classroom.
- Continue to sponsor and present workshops, panels and demonstrations at CCCC and NCTE-sponsored conferences, including regular organization of the Computer Connection at CCCC national conferences. Include in these activities attention to open source and community source projects and software, calling attention to best practices, when possible, and providing guidelines on issues and strategies.
- Support continuity in the annual Computers and Writing Conferences by coordinating the search for a sponsoring university each year and arranging for the transfer of conference materials from site to site. The committee also maintains mailing lists and other records, provides advice and logistical support for the conference planners, and assists in publicizing the conference.
- Serve as a resource for teachers, scholars, and students interested in technology-facilitated writing by developing computersandwriting.org as a repository of information about best practices in digital rhetoric, information about the Computer Connection, and archive of computers and writing and 7Cs committee histories.
- Coordinate the efforts of the members of the Computer Committee with the initiatives of other CCCC constituencies (including, but not limited to, The Online Writing Instruction Committee, the Assessment Committee and other relevant committees).
- Manage the nomination and judging process for the annual CCCC Technology Innovator Award, and bestow that award at the Computers and Writing Conference.
Computers and Writing Conference
7C's Task Force Listserv
Interested constituents can join the 7c-l listserv at http://interversity.org/lists/7c-l/subscribe.html, on which Task Force members discuss issues that support the 7Cs fulfillment of some of its charges.
November 2015 Update
The 7Cs supports composition teachers and scholars (and those in related fields) who work with digital technology. This CCCC committee is responsible for selecting the onsite and online hosts for the annual Computers and Writing conferences as well as for organizing the Computer Connection presentations and Digital Poster sessions at the annual CCCC conference. 7Cs is also responsible for coordinating the Technology Innovator Award, which is presented annually at the C&W onsite conference. This committee of nine voting members works closely with its associated Technorhetorician Working Group, which is comprised of any constituents interested in promoting digital technology issues. (Interested constituents can join the 7c-l listserv, on which Working Group members discuss issues that support the 7Cs fulfillment of some of its charges.)