Six Award Categories
- Best Book in Technical or Scientific Communication
- Best Original Collection of Essays in Technical or Scientific Communication
- Best Article Reporting Qualitative or Quantitative Research in Technical or Scientific Communication
- Best Article Reporting Historical Research or Textual Studies in Technical or Scientific Communication
- Best Article on Philosophy or Theory of Technical or Scientific Communication
- Best Article on Pedagogy or Curriculum in Technical or Scientific Communication
The selection committee may decide not to grant an award in a given category if the quality of submissions is deemed insufficiently high.
The awards competition is open to works published in calendar years 2010 and 2011 for the 2012 award.
To be eligible for the awards, a nominee must be a member of CCCC and/or NCTE at the time of nomination. To nominate a work for the awards, the author, editor, publisher, or reader must be a CCCC and/or NCTE member.
For a work to be considered, the nomination must include:
- A copy of the article or full citation information for a book. For articles in journals or collections, the individual article must be submitted. Any work originally written in a language other than English must be submitted in translation.
- Identification of the category for which the work is to be considered. Each submission may be nominated in only one category. Individuals submitting nominations are encouraged to consult with authors about the category most appropriate for their work. Self-nominations are permitted.
- Information about the author. This should include the author's name, telephone number, mailing address, and email address.
Nominations should be sent by June 1, 2011 to (email is preferred):
CCCC Technical and Scientific Communication Awards
1111 West Kenyon Road
Urbana, IL 61801
Notification and Acknowledgement of Winners
Winners will be notified in January and are presented with a certificate during the CCCC Awards Session at the CCCC Convention.
Click here for a list of recipients of the NCTE Technical and Scientific Communication Awards