Text Complexity: Supporting Student Readers, Grades 9-12
is an enhanced ebook that contains hyperlinks, videos, and audio clips. It is fully accessible only on tablets and advanced e-readers that can play multimedia files.
NCTE offers this enhanced ebook for iPads, Nook HD, and Nook HD+.
The ebook is also available from Amazon for the Kindle Fire HD.
The enhanced ebook is a large file (~250 MB), so it may be necessary to attach your tablet/e-reader to your computer to transfer the file.
When you purchase the ebook from NCTE, it will download into your digital locker,
which you can access via the “My Account” link in the upper right of any page on the NCTE website. A link to the ebook file will also appear in the NCTE invoice you receive via email.For Nook HD/HD+ users: make sure that your Nook has the Publisher Defaults turned on.
- Open an ebook and tap the center of the page to open the Reader Tools.
- Tap the Text icon (Aa) and make sure that the Publisher Defaults bar is turned to “ON.”
Download directions for iPad users
- After purchase, the file will download to your NCTE Digital Locker (accessible from the NCTE website via the “My Account” link, in the “My Downloads” section).
- Open iTunes and drag the ebook file to the Books section of iTunes.
- Connect your iPad to the computer with a USB cable.
- In iTunes, sync your iPad to add the ebook to your iBooks library.
- Open the ebook in the iBooks app.