Five Reasons Why You Should Attend the 2013 NCTE Annual Convention
1. Meet authors like Opening Session Speaker, Tony Danza, who spent a year teaching high school English.
2. Connect with other educators with similar interests and experiences with implementing Common Core and 21st Century literacy.
3. Shop for books and other resources from more than 120 exhibitors in the NCTE Exhibit Hall
4. Collaborate and get inspired from hundreds of engaging sessions and meet colleagues from New England and all over the world.
5. Refuel and have fun!
Choose from more than 700 sessions ranging from general sessions featuring popular speakers, special presentations with well-known authors, or sessions by classroom educators on topics critical to your teaching and learning!
NCTE by the Numbers
From Friday to Sunday, hundreds of sessions are available across elementary, middle, secondary, and college levels.*
*Sessions are often categorized in multiple levels
More than 6,000 Elementary, Middle School, High School, and College level English language arts educators from across America and around the world
- Content area teachers
- Principals and other administrators
Curriculum Coordinators; State-wide curriculum coordinators
- Teacher educators
- College Instructors
- Literacy Coaches/Reading Specialists
- Writing Program and Writing Project participants
The Annual Convention session topics include:
- Common Core and Other State Standards
- 21st Century Literacy
- Non-Fiction and Informational Texts
- Cross-Subject Literacy
- Using Evidence/Constructing Arguments
- Teacher Education
- English Language Learners
- Professional Development
- Adolescent Literacy
- And More!