The NCTE Annual Convention gives you the opportunity to:
- Select from hundreds of sessions presented by classroom teachers, administrators, and researchers.
- Connect with educators from across the country and around the world to discuss mutual interests, concerns, and experiences.
- Share ideas, strategies, and successes as you expand your own professional learning community.
- Examine ways to advance student learning by gathering solid educational theories, models, and ideas that you can take back to your school.
- Interact with well-known authors, illustrators, and educators as they share their ideas, experiences, and knowledge.
- Investigate a single topic by spending a full day at a convention workshop.
- Discover the latest publications, products, and services for English language arts education in the Exhibit Hall.
Convention Sessions Offer Professional Learning for Everyone
Choose from more than 650 sessions ranging from general sessions featuring nationally known speakers and special presentations by well-known authors to sessions by classroom educators on topics critical to your daily teaching and learning. Session topics include:
From Friday to Sunday, hundreds of sessions are available across elementary, middle, secondary, and college levels.*
*Sessions are often categorized in multiple levels
More than 6,000 Elementary, Middle School, High School, and College level English language arts educators from across America and around the world
- Content area teachers
- Principals and other administrators
- Curriculum Coordinators
- State-wide curriculum coordinators
- Teacher educators
- College Instructors
- Literacy Coaches/Reading Specialists
- Writing Program and Writing Project participants