Were you accepted as a participant for the 2016 NCTE Annual Convention?
Congratulations! We created this Program Participant Guide to support you as you develop your session. On this site you'll find links to your session information, and other assistance to make sure your presentation goes off without a hitch.
You may also want to bookmark this Program Participant Guide page in your browser and check back periodically. This page is where the most up-to-date information for participants will be located.
Should you have questions contact us at email@example.com. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at @ncte and use the Annual Convention hashtag #ncte16.
To be sure your session information is included in all of the 2016 program materials, please make sure you meet all of these deadlines:
- January 13, 2016, by 11:59 pm PST – Proposal Submission Deadline
- May 2016 – Announcements sent by email. Invited participants should log into the NCTE proposal system to accept their invitations to present.
- June 15, 2016 – Deadline for invited participants to log into the NCTE proposal system and accept their invitations to present. (Participants should also check names, affiliations, titles, and annotations for errors.)
- September 16, 2016 – Last date for presenters to register for Convention and be included in the printed program
- October 25, 2016 – Last date to reserve a Hotel Room and get the discounted NCTE rate
- November 1-16, 2016 – Submit session handouts using the "Upload Handouts" link in the speaker website
- November 17-20, 2016 – NCTE Annual Convention, Atlanta, Georgia
PLEASE NOTE: Participants are also required to register for Convention. If you have accepted an invitation to present, but have not registered for Convention by September 16, 2016, your name will not be included in the printed program.
This information will be available by early summer. At that time, you will be able to see your session's date, time, and location on your speaker website. Some notes about scheduling:
- The majority of sessions will be scheduled on Friday and Saturday
- NCTE attempts to accommodate requests to avoid days a speaker CANNOT present
- Changes to session date/time are possible through the first day of the Convention. Participants are notified by email if changes are made after August 1.
An email will be sent out to participants notifying them that the session date/time/location information is available.