Were you accepted as a participant for the 2015 NCTE Annual Convention?
Congratulations! We created this Program Participant Guide to support you as you develop your session. On this site you'll find links to your session information, and other assistance to make sure your presentation goes off without a hitch.
You may also want to bookmark this Program Participant Guide page in your browser and check back periodically. This page is where the most up-to-date information for participants will be located.
Should you have questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @ncte and #ncte15.
To be sure your session information is included in all of the 2015 program materials, please make sure you meet all of these deadlines:
- June 15, 2015 - Accept Speaker Agreement -
Each participant must log into the NCTE proposal system and accept his/her invitation to present. At this time presenters should also check names, affiliations, titles, and annotations for errors.
- July 15, 2015 - Update your Connected Community Profile
- August 15, 2014 - Check the entry for your session in the Online Program
- September 30, 2015 - Last chance to register for the Convention and be included in the print program.
- October 23, 2015 - Last chance to reserve a hotel room at the discounted rate.
- November 15, 2015 - Submit Session Handouts to the NCTE Convention Online Program
PLEASE NOTE: Participants are also required to register for Convention. If you have accepted an invitation to present, but have not registered for Convention by September 30, 2015, your name will not be included in the printed program.
Accepted for a Roundtable of Poster Session, or for High School Matters?
Learn more about your role and the structure of a roundtable, poster, or High School Matters.
This information will be available by early summer. At that time, you will be able to see your session's date, time, and location on your speaker website. Some notes about scheduling:
- The majority of sessions will be scheduled on Friday and Saturday
- NCTE attempts to accommodate requests to avoid days a speaker CANNOT present
- If you land in Minneapolis by noon on Thursday, November 19, you can make it to the convention center in time for sessions that begin at 1:30 pm
- Changes to session date/time are possible through the first day of the convention. Participants are notified by email if changes are made after August 1.
An email will be sent out to participants notifying them that the session date/time/location information is available for viewing on this site.
Session Room Setup
Furniture in session rooms is determined by the session format submitted as part of the proposal.
Panel and Classroom Demonstration session rooms will set with theater-style seating, a head table for 4 speakers, and a floor lectern. Roundtable session rooms will be set with 72" round tables with 10 chairs, a head table for 4 speakers, and a floor lectern.
NCTE cannot make changes to the furniture requested for individual sessions.
Audio Visual Equipment
Session rooms will be equipped with an LCD projector and screen. NCTE will not provide laptop computers.
[NOTE: PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING ADAPTORS FOR APPLE EQUIPMENT to connect to the LCD projectors. All LCD projectors have VGA inputs.Visit http://store.apple.com/us/mac/mac-accessories/cables/cable-chooser#! to find the appropriate cable.]
Wireless internet will be available in session rooms. The bandwidth may not be sufficient to present streaming video, however.