Were you accepted as a participant for the 2016 NCTE Annual Convention?
Congratulations! We created this Program Participant Guide to support you as you develop your session. On this site you'll find links to your session information, and other assistance to make sure your presentation goes off without a hitch.
You may also want to bookmark this Program Participant Guide page in your browser and check back periodically. This page is where the most up-to-date information for participants will be located.
Should you have questions contact us at email@example.com. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at @ncte and use the Annual Convention hashtag #ncte16.
To be sure your session information is included in all of the 2016 program materials, please make sure you meet all of these deadlines:
- January 13, 2016, by 11:59 pm PST – Proposal Submission Deadline
- May 2016 – Announcements sent by email. Invited participants should log into the NCTE proposal system to accept their invitations to present.
- June 15, 2016 – Deadline for invited participants to log into the NCTE proposal system and accept their invitations to present. (Participants should also check names, affiliations, titles, and annotations for errors.)
- September 16, 2016 – Last date for presenters to register for Convention and be included in the printed program
- October 25, 2016 – Last date to reserve a Hotel Room and get the discounted NCTE rate
- November 17-20, 2016 – NCTE Annual Convention, Atlanta, Georgia
PLEASE NOTE: Participants are also required to register for Convention. If you have accepted an invitation to present, but have not registered for Convention by September 16, 2016, your name will not be included in the printed program.
A/V Information for Session Rooms
All session rooms at NCTE 2016 will be equipped with a microphone, LCD projector, screen, and sound. Participants will be required to supply their own laptops and, for some devices, an adapter to connect to the LCD projector VGA connection.
You can search your device online to find out if you need an adapter; Amazon carries the connectors as needed. One end is VGA and the other end should match your device's video out port. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
If you are presenting during a Poster Session located at B206 Foyer (not the Faces of Advocacy Poster Session located in A304), the following is provided:
4ft high x 8ft wide bulletin board with a 24" wide x 8ft long table placed in front. Each poster presenter will have the full use of this space. Contact email@example.com with any questions.